Product & Mechanical Design
- Computer Aided Design – Comprehensive knowledge of CAD design principles and applications including: Pro-Engineer, AutoCAD, Solid Edge, 3d Studio, Mechanical Desktop, DBWorks, SolidWorks with practical use of add-in modules: Photoworks, Animator and Cosmos (Failure Mode Analysis software).
- Drafting – Very good drafting skills, fully versed in BS 308 parts 1 to 3 and especially knowledgeable in the use of Geometrical Tolerancing.
- Creativity – Excellent 2D sketching ability. Capable of creating fully rendered concepts using Magic Markers and other mediatopresentconcept and development ideas quickly and effectively to other members of the team, senior management and marketing departments.
- Mechanical Engineering – Good mechanical design skills. I have worked on products with motor and gears systems, interpreting design stability as well as designing products where the exertion of stresses and mechanical forces is an important consideration.
- Manufacturing Processes – A sound knowledge of the processes involved in the creation of Rapid Prototyping to include SLS (Selective Laser Sintering), SLA (Stereolithography), Thermojet Modelling, Vacuum Casting, Injection Moulding and RIM (Reaction Injection Moulding). Other techniques such as Sand Casting, and Multi Axis CNC Machining were used.